- This event has passed.
September 2020 Event – “The Aftermath”
September 23 @ 7:30 pm - 9:15 pm
MEMBERS MUST REGISTER TO ATTEND . We will also be streaming the event live as a webinar for current members.
What should a landlord do if they find themselves with a property that is contaminated with Meth and/or Asbestos?
Tonight our 2 guest speakers are::
Hamish MacDonald – Meth Xpert:
- Landlord obligations with regard to meth identification & management
- Current acceptable levels for meth contamination – law vs perception
- Testing: how often and how it works
- The importance of using a tester who is independent from decontamination contractor
- Costs and timeframes involved with testing
- Overview of the decontamination process
Ivan Nelson – Vertical Horizons:
- What is the dangers and risks of asbestos, the precautions that must be taken and why.
- Where are you likely to find asbestos with regards to residential properties
- What are your obligations with regard to asbestos identification and management?
- What can/can’t you do yourself?
- How to recognise the appropriate trade and qualifications in an asbestos removalist.
Time: Doors open at 7:10pm for 7.30pm start
Venue: PWC Lecture Theatre, Waikato Management School, Waikato University, Hillcrest Road
Light supper served and cash bar available. Please also bring a Gold Coin donation for the Westpac Rescue Helicopter service.
Members complimentary, Guests $40.00 p/p unless accompanied by a current member. Guests complimentary for one visit only, and only permitted under Level 1